Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Mustard Bath

I haven't posted anything in two weeks and I'm having my doubts about whether I'm going to keep doing this. It seemed like a great idea when I started it and for a while thereafter, but right now I can't imagine what I ought to write about.

Some of this, too, is spillover doubt about my place in this field, I'd imagine. There are days when I think I'm not accomplishing a damn thing, and on those days, I look around at other jobs a little, and they all sound unappealing.

Do you have days where you'd rather do something else completely? It's tough because I'm still on board with the idea that jobs that chip away at the upfuckedness of the world, even impercetibly, are better than jobs that contribute to it or do nothing. But then I also daydream of work that pays me enough to wipe out my debt.

Maybe inspiration will strike. We'll see.

1 comment:

LizardBreath said...

Welcome to my world. I consider quitting and taking up goatherding daily; if it weren't for the kids and the mortgage I'd be changing my name to Heidi and finding a nice alp to climb.